Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tension? WHAT TENSION!

Today Hayden's class went on a fieldtrip to the Susan P. Byrnes Health Center. Therefore, as I was going though his bag tonight I found a "goodie bag" from the center. Inside was a plastic ruler. On the ruler is a stress check meter. According to the key, the color blue=calm, green=normal, red=tension and black=tense. Well, I followed the directions and held the meter between my thumb and forefinger for 15 seconds. The result.....BLACK! I tried the other hand.....still black. I pushed really hard.....black! I barely pinched it......black. Hayden, thinking this is hilarious, tries it....blue. Reid tries.....blue. Ella tries....BLUE! James came home from his "incredibly stressfull job" and tried it. BLUE! I try it again.....black! James tries it....still blue. I tap the strip immediately after James' blue reading and it instantly turns red. I tapped it! I barely made contact with the damn thing and it turns RED! It was at that moment I let them all know, that when I die of a heart attack NO ONE is to ask why! Now here's the real kicker. It is currently 12:17 am. All of the kids and James are sound asleep. I just pinched the strip again. Guess what! It's BLUE! Can this be used as proof that they are all killing me S-L-O-W-L-Y? So, here's to all the tension filled Moms in America. If we can all just make it to 12am, it all gets better then. Well according to the Susan P. Byrnes stress meter at least!

No comments: