Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Tuesday Morning Haircut/Donation!

Well today I said good-bye to my long locks. They were chopped off and donated to Locks of Love. Honestly, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined! I wasn't worried about losing my long hair. My neck has been aching for months, so I was ready to say good-bye to the extra weight. I was, however, fearful of the new do! Last evening the boys got their "holiday haircut" (because ya just gotta look handsome for the holidays!). While they were getting trimmed-up I looked through the hairstyle books. I found one I liked and Jan, my hair-stylist, agreed that it would work. So, today started like this




















Which left this:









Which left me looking like a dork!









However, thanks to Jan, I was able to pick up Ella, at my Mom's looking like this:





Not too shabby! Actually, I LOVE it! I love how light it is, I love how layered it is and I LOVE how easy it is! Thanks Jan!!!!!!!!!

14 comments:

The Sullivan Sitcom said...

Too cute! You look great! Enjoy the holidays with your new look!

Growin' With It said...

whitt whoo. way to go. what an incredible gift of love to someone who needs it. and your new do is great.

kateykates said...

It looks great! I bet it feels good too.

Anonymous said...

(here from growin' with it) - Just have to say I *love* your new 'do and admire your generosity in being a "hair harvester" (sounds like some kind of pod dwelling creature from a sci fi movie, doesn't it).

Growin' With It said...

alright...enough of the hair. where's another post?! get busy. i know you have blog material! it's the holidays!!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! I bet it feels so much better to not have all that hair, huh? Way to go for donating it to a good cause! All my hair goes on the floor and into the salon's trash can I guess. :(

The Mom Jen said...

You won the Baby Blues book! Email me at themomjen@gmail.com with your shipping info!

Growin' With It said...

hey, whatup? whereyabeen? wheredyago? just cuz i'm nosey and hoping you are just happy busy with the holidays and everything is going great?!

Sara@iSass said...

I tried to grow my hair out. I was told I had at least 3 more inches to go, which meant another year! Good GRIEF NO. Congrats! That is such an awesome thing to do. I love your new do! You started following me and I've been a bad blogger and haven't dome said hello...so here I am. HELLO!

Lipstick said...

Wow...that is so cool. Your new 'do is fabulous.

Growin' With It said...

♥☺♥

Sue Wilkey said...

That looks great! I just got 2 inches cut off and I'm all: Look how short my hair is!!!!! and people are all "there's no difference."

Plus there's nowhere to donate 2 inches of hair to.

Poopsie said...

What a cute haircut. How esy it looks, and how bouncy.
How sweet you were able to donate.

Poopsie said...

PS:
I tagged you.
I hope you will play along.