Friday, November 14, 2008

Does This EVER Happen In Your Family?!


My kids fight over lemons! That's right, LEMONS! Not lemon flavored gum, candy, or pastries, but actual lemons! Last evening Hayden spotted one in the fridge. Of course he had to yell through the house, "Mom, can I eat this lemon?" Which, alerts Reid and Ella to the fact that there is a LEMON in the house! After listening to them fight over it, I finally just cut the lemon into thirds and allowed them to each have a piece. They each ate their entire third. Ella even squeezed her lemon juice into her apple juice and drank it before eating the leftover lemon pulp. Am I the only one who finds this a bit crazy? I've known Hayden has liked lemons for years. When he was a toddler he was a terrible biter. A mom at daycare suggested we squirt lemon juice in his mouth after he bit. We did and don't ya know he LIKED IT! Now Reid and Ella have discovered their own "love" of lemons. Who knew? What would cause a person to like straight lemon juice? Each of my kids take a daily vitamin and eat well; however, I'm beginning to think they have some sort of nutritional imbalance! OR, is this a long lasting effect of all the lemon meringue pie I ate during each of their pregnancies? YUM! I do love a big ole piece of lemon meringue pie!

3 comments:

kateykates said...

I can see my kids doing the very same thing except they would all just eat their piece of the lemon, in sheer agony, just to spite the other....geez, I'm not kidding either. Maybe they are young enough that their sour taste buds aren't completely developed...????

Growin' With It said...

same thing happened with my guy and vinegar. totally backfired on me for the discipline route.

hmm, lemons? what i wanna know is do they have fun seeing who makes the funniest sour face?

Vashti said...

My 3 year old has been eating lemons for nearly 2 years!
He got into the fruit bowl one day and instead of choosing an apple or orange he chose a lemon and ate the whole thing, including the skin! If we go out to eat and have lemon in our water or in soda then he has to eat each one. He doesnt even pull the "sour" face that all other "normal" humans pull.
CRAZY!!!!