Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stressing Over My Hair


A week from today I'll be cutting my hair and donating it to Locks of Love. I decided months ago, to become a Locks of Love "hair harvester" (my term not theirs). My hair is very thick and grows fairly fast, so I figured I might as well just continuously grow it and donate it. After spending my teen years with extremely long hair, I've spent my 20's and early 30's with everything from super short to now middle-of-my-back long hair. Through it all, you would think I would have grown accustomed to my many hair styles. However, truth is, I'm happiest with it pulled back in an elastic or rolled up in a clip. So, why is it so hard for me to find a "short" style that I like?! I mean after all, I spend most of my days with my long hair tied up on the back of my head! I suppose it's the long/short option I enjoy. I have the option to pull it all up, or the option to let it all down. It's like having two hairstyles in one! Going short, although much lighter and easier to dry, simply leaves me with one general length. So, if anyone has any "chicky-short" (although still below chin length) hairstyles, please feel free to share.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

oh...ho..ho..ho..i am NOT the one to give advice out on hairdos. i wish i could show you a post i did on my old blog about my terrible hairstyles. something pretty awful.

but i do love the locks of love idea. i had a friend do it and it seemed like such a sweet gift.

all i gotta say is...there better be some pictures of whatever you decide on! ;o)

kateykates said...

I am trying so very hard to grow my hair out and I know that for all my hard work, I will always just have it pulled up. But I would like to have the option I guess. I color my hair so much, locks of love wouldn't want it I'm guessing. I think it's a great gift. I had a friend do that once. I think my daughter wants to do that someday.