Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chelsea's Latest Kill


For the past week "Ms. Chelsea Kill-It-All" has been digging at something living under our shed. On Thursday she recruited Dexter to join her in her frantic dig. Each time we let them out they both ran directly for the shed and dug, dug, dug. We now have 3 holes leading under our shed. Tonight after spending an evening at my parents, we opened the door and both Chelsea and Dexter flew past us. One ran on one side of the shed, one ran on the other side. Soon there was a whole bunch of commotion and growling....then silence. Dexter returned to the house. Chelsea remained completely still. I yelled for James to come outside, thinking Chelsea had caught her leg in the soccer net that sits next to the shed. As soon as I yelled, Chelsea emerged carrying an....Opossum! Ugh! Kill count is now: 1 rabbit, 1 squirrel, 2 rats (hello! we didn't even know rats lived around here!) and now 1 opossum. Uh, yes, the picture is necessary. We've begun a "Faces of Death: Chelsea Edition"

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Haha thats crazy..
Personally I loathe opossums...
they ruined my garden..eating up all the organic tomatoes and dropping off fleas to hang out in the back yard.
*Shudder*

Sue Wilkey said...

Are you sure it was dead? That happened to us, and the kids cried and we felt horrible, then it jumped up and ran away: "playing possum". ???? Kinda cool!

Anonymous said...

Eww! I laughed out loud at your "Faces of Death" reference... and now that I type that I'm afraid I sound like a psychopath! When my cat first started hunting he'd bring home headless birds and put them under our porch. We called him Ozzy for a while. :)