Friday, September 26, 2008

Type B Mom Raises Type A Boys And One Foul-Mouthed Girl

So, this morning as Ella and I were eating our breakfast. The boys (who had already finish eating, brushed their teeth and packed their bags) were putting their shoes on and swinging their bags onto their backs. I looked at both of them for a moment, they caught my eyes staring at them and give me that "what?" look. "Ah, hello! Your sister and I are still eating, where do you think you're going." Reid gasps and says, "Mom! We have to get to school!" I roll my eyes," Reid, Ella and I are sitting here eating, I still don't have a shower and we still have 20 min. before you NEED to be at school." Both Hayden and Reid sigh and drop their bags, Hayden rolls his eyes, "Did we miss the bus?" I hold my breath thinking of how I can answer without being seen as the LAZIEST parent in the world. Ah, I give up, "Yes." I respond, "We missed the bus!" "Well then we need to catch up to that damn bus!" Yells Ella. I turn my head to see Ella with her mouth hanging open and her eyes popping out of her head. Did my 3 year old just say, damn?! "Ella, what did you say?" "We need to catch that DAMN bus!" she responds. Before I can even address that, Reid has his face pressed up into mine. "Why did we miss the bus?" he groans. "Because I overslept" I coolly answer. Reid sighs like I'm the biggest disappointment in his life. I sit at the kitchen table in awe of the sight before me, and think, who was dragging your butt out of bed yesterday while you were screaming about never going to school again. Now, suddenly a day later you're determined to become a Harvard grad! What?! We finally all pile into the van and pull into school with plenty of time to spare. As Hayden exits he looks at me and says, "Mom did you shower yet?" "No, why?" "I think you might stink." "Ah, I so do not, I sniffed!" "I think you sniffed wrong!" Both boys take a few steps away from the van and become engulfed in a small sea of kids entering the building. I wind down my window, "I LOVE YOU!" I yell at the top of my lungs! Not many turned to see which weirdo mom was trying to embarrass her kids, but I KNOW mine knew exactly which stinky, Pj wearing mom was loudly declaring her love for beautiful Type A children. I expect that Amazing Mom award any day now!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

haha that is so funny!
I have heard Jack repeat phrases that his dad may have said playing some dumb videogame..
Its really hard not to laugh.
thanks for stopping by my blog..
let me know if you try thos enchilada's.
Totally dig your blog btw..your kids are too cute!
~Kelly