Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My New Friend


Say hello to my new little friend. Actually mine isn't nearly as cute as this one, but still very small and and has been strapped to my side since yesterday at noon. Why? You ask. Well, James' employer has challenged each of their employees and family members to the "10,000 steps a day challenge". James and I jumped on board, not only is this a great way to raise the competitive spirit between James and myself, but the employer has upped the ante with some great prize packages. So......GAME ON! Now, after almost two days, here are my findings...... MY ASS IS LAZY! I mean not lazy as in sit around eating bon-bons all day, but definitely lazy as in NOWHERE CLOSE TO 10,000 STEPS A DAY! Wow! Yesterday, after reading all the info and calibrating the pedometer, I clipped it on my pants and continued to go about my daily chores. Ya know, running after Ella, laundry, dishes, dogs, cleaning ect. So, at the end of the day I unclipped it and thought for sure it would read 5,000 steps or more. I mean honestly, It WAS a half day! Common! But NO! To my surprise, dismay, horror and shock it read 2227. What the?! Suddenly I realize why this is called a "challenge"! Now, today after a full day of running after Ella, taking the boys to school, dropping off / picking up Ella, doing errands, and participating in Family Fun Night I'm still only at 4140! Still not even half of my goal! Ok, now here is the moment I've been dreading.....(drum roll please)......let's check James' number. Here we go....I'm asking......it is.....4853! Now how the hell is that possible! The man rides around in a truck all day! Oh, ok, here it comes....his reasoning....."I have to get out of the truck at each stop!" NO! Ya know what I think? Bouncing around on an air ride seat....cha-ching! One bounce = One step! Cha-ching! Oh, and who rocked Ella tonight?! Cha-ching! I'm walking, jumping and shaking my booty and I still haven't gotten more than him! OH! That's it! I'm spending the morning jumping, rumbaing, pacing and rocking! I WILL NOT LET HIM WIN!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

See who wins if you wear them during sex? Ha Ha He!

Frugal Finds said...

Oh! I want one too!!!!!