Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hail Damage








On Sunday we made our usual trip to Mom and Dad's for dinner. When we left our house the sky was dark and we noticed some very bright lightning strikes. We figured it was just the normal summer thunderstorm. I walked through the house and closed all of our window "just in case." While over at M&D's the sky became dark, the wind blew and then...... nothing! Well, when returned to our house we found the above damage. THANKFULLY our house, windows, dogs, truck, and all "important" items were unharmed. However, James' beautiful garden, my flowerbed and all of our trees were destroyed! I spent the evening mourning the gardens as James chopped down the corn stalks and tried to salvage any remaining corn. I was crushed; however, James proved to be much more resilient than I. Monday evening he was back out in the garden planting green beans where the corn had been. That's my farmer!

No comments: