Sunday, August 10, 2008

Fat Is NOT A Handicap!



Ok, so here is one of my BIGGEST (please excuse the pun) pet peeves! I know this is not the most PC post; however, I must vent! Today while exiting Walgreens I witnessed a VERY large woman flopping into her car. She was parked in the handicap parking spot and had a handicap hanger on her mirror. She was young (mid-thirties) and HUGE. Now, remember who is writing this... if I'm saying she was HUGE she was HUGE. She appeared to be physically fine, except for the LARGE booty she was toting around. Which lead me to my pet peeve, FAT IS NOT A HANDICAP! "But Karen, obesity leads to multiple health problems. She could have had knee problems, hip problems, ankle problems or whatever." Yeah, yeah, yeah I hear ya! Yet as we all know, and believe me I know, all of these problems could be helped my loosing the booty! I also understand that she could have had one, or more, hidden medical problems. Problems which could exacerbate her weighty condition, but seriously people if she can tote that big ass through Walgreens she's well enough to park more than two spots away from the store! Hell even my caboose parks at least two spots away from the store. I don't know who is handing out the handicap (oops! physically disabled) parking plaques, but WAKE UP! If you continue handing out plaques and plates to every fat ass Tom, Dick and Harry, Walmart is going to have to paint their entire parking lot blue and white! Oh! And don't forget to ditch the "stick figure" on the sign. If fat is a handicap ya might want to add five love handles around the back of the wheel chair and ass overhang around the seat!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I totally agree. This reminds me of a certain someone that likes to ride the hover rounds at walmart. Need a clue? She rides around with a depressed look on her face like she is dying. It's kind of entertaining.

Sue Wilkey said...

LMAO- that was hilarious 'Paint the whole parking lot blue & white". :D

Anonymous said...

If fat wasn't a handicap, we would have never seen Homer Simpson in a moo moo... Homer in a moo moo was golden. Golden!