Thursday, February 12, 2009

Spring Is Near...Thank you!...Hum A New Follower?

After writing one of my previous posts, I got a few comments about my new 4:30am wake up time. I agree....it is NOT fun. In fact I've noticed my body goes into an adrenaline rush as soon as the alarm rings. For the past many, many years when I was awaken in the middle of the night, er.... I mean 4:30, it was because one of the kids was in need of something. So as soon as the alarm sounds I enter emergency mode and hop out of bed, get dressed, get the kids up, pour breakfast in the bowls (yeah, were back to cereal only in the morning :( ) and run out the door. The early hour really doesn't hit me until we are sitting in the bus waiting to pull out. The kids curl up on their seats and attempt to get more sleep, while I sit in the glow of flashing 4 ways and 8 ways. That is, until this week. This week we entered the bus and low and behold, what did we see on the horizon? THE SUN! Which immediately put the song you are listening to in my head....it hasn't left since. Each morning this week we've crawled in to the bus and there it is ...the sun...and my song! :) SPRING IS COMING ! :)

Also, a huge thank you to Poopsie who blessed me with this:




She sent this to me during my first week of bus driving. To get a better idea of what that week was like, click HERE. Then you will truly realize how special it was to receive this little shout of love. :)


I also noticed I have a new follower. Hum, who could it be? Apparently this new follower has no blog of his own, calls himself "The Big Fry" and has a profile picture that looks JUST LIKE my brother-in-laws restaurant in Gettysburg! Huh, WHO COULD IT BE?! By the way if anyone is ever visiting Gettysburg, PA you might want to stop in a Hunts Cafe and say "Hello" to Scott and Donna...oops!...I mean "The Big Fry" and Donna! :) Even if we weren't related I would still say they have the BEST fries and cheese steaks in the state. That's right Philly, MOVE OVER!

3 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

I'm only 1/2 hour from Gettysburg, I'll have to check it next time we're traveling that way!

Growin' With It said...

aww man, this song just does nuthin' but make me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside. me & mr. sun, we love each other very much.

congrats on the award. i believe it is very accurate about you sweet friend!

btw...sleep in tomorrow, it's saturday!

Poopsie said...

You deserve the award!

I apreciate all the love you give to those whose lives you touch. :)
Cindy P :)