Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy 7th Birthday Reid & Updates

I, as well as others (Growin With It), have come to the following conclusion: My new job, is interfering with my blog time. I know my time management skills will improve as I become more accustomed to my split work schedule. However, right now, I'm having a hard time adjusting to waking-up at 4:30am, waking the kids at 5:30am, leaving the house at 6:15, returning home at 9:30, doing errands, running Ella to preschool and chores, then leaving the house again at 1:30 to return to the bus lot. So until I learn how to best use my "non-working" hours, I suppose my blogging will be sporadic. :(


So, let's play catch-up:


On Thursday, this handsome little man


turned 7! HAPPY BIRTHDAY REID! We had cupcakes and a dinner of his choice (pizza) on Thursday, and as I write this birthday cake is baking in the oven. Reid has chosen a 4 tier double chocolate cake for his birthday celebration today. Yum! Still today, 3 days after his actual birthday, I'm having a hard time realizing that my baby boy has turned 7! Wow!



Well, speaking of Reid, let me share with you a little "Reid equation". Add:



stocking feet



+



green power rangers costume



+

laminate floor
+
RUNNING


=


Not only is his nose black and blue, it isn't straight either! We took him to the doctor to have it checked. There is a possibility that it is broken, however they don't do anything for broken noses. His septum wasn't deviated, so all is well. We're just to keep the Tylenol/Motrin flowing for pain and ice for the swelling. This injury actually happened about 2 weeks ago and his poor nose is still crooked and green. At least green is better than black and blue!

In other news, the bus driving is going much better! Thank you to all who emailed, or posted, encouraging and positive thoughts. It truly meant a lot! My last posting was a play-by-play on my first week. Well that week ended with a break down! As I sat waiting to begin my AM elementary run, I started leaking oil out the front end of the bus. I had to sit and wait for a spare bus to be driven to my location by one of the mechanics. Not necessarily a "bad" thing, it was just ONE MORE THING added onto my first week. However, this week went MUCH better! I had one child get sick...again; however, I'm learning each day will be much different than the next. No week will be the same as the last. Each day there are changes in the weather, changes in the position of cars and trucks parked along the streets, changes in the children's moods and ....well....garbage day! Try turning a bus around in a cal-de-sac full of blowing trash cans! :) All in all it has been fun and an awesome new challenge. So....what will this week hold? :)





2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

well, its about time you listen to your WHINING fan club!☺ i know you're busy, i just want to hear about all the funny bus ride stories and of course how you're doing! happy bday to your *tough* little man. socks + slick floors = surprisingly haven't met disaster here YET!

glad to hear your days are always different. sounds like a great job for you. 'xcept the 4:30 part..blech.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Poor baby Reid! That's sad and I bet it looks worse today (pictures, I see pictures). Hang in there with getting use to the schedule. I agree with Linda, 4:30 holy moly...that's still the middle of the night!