Saturday, December 13, 2008

A CRAZY Friday Morning

Well, yesterday was my final day of in-class bus training. Now I just need my physical, drug test and permit paperwork. Then I can take my computer test and start my in-bus training. I truly am excited! I was able to drive a bus around a parking lot on Thursday. It honestly wasn't all that bad. It's obviously very L-O-N-G, but not nearly as bulky as you would expect. It steers easily too! So, what does all of this have to do with a crazy Friday morning? Well, as I previously stated Friday was my last day of classes. Along with getting the boys ready and to school by 9am, I also had to have myself ready, and James awake and ready to watch Ella (he worked late evenings this week so I could go to class). I know, this doesn't sound like much, but add the fact that I overslept, and a friend stopped by to drop off some paperwork, and you have a recipe for one scattered and hectic morning! So as our very last minutes were ticking by, and the clock was steadily working it's way toward 9 I yelled for the boys to get their shoes, jackets and backpacks on. I came flying out of the bathroom with my socks in my hand, stuffed the socks in my bag, threw on my jacket, grabbed my books, grabbed my coffee (prepared by James, thank you!) and RAN out the door. The boys were dropped off at the school at 9:58! Whew! 2 minutes to spare. I then headed across town to my class which began at 9:30. I pulled in the parking lot, grabbed my bag, grabbed my books, closed my van door and looked down. This is what I found.










Now the flip-flops were no surprise. I hate wearing shoes, so flip-flops, even in the winter, are my preferred footwear. However, flip-flops aren't exactly the choice attire for walking around buses and diesel garages. Not only was I wearing flip-flops (look closely) they were two different colors! I laughed like a crazy woman in the parking lot as I walked into class. Surprisingly on 3 people noticed! Apparently my plan to grab sock AND shoes to put on after dropping off the boys had failed when I forgot to grab my SHOES! Yep, yep pretty sure that qualifies as a CRAZY Friday morning!

8 comments:

Katie said...

That's hilarious! At least you didn't leave a kid anywhere or anything...only shoes!

Thanks for stopping by! I wanted to spell it Ried, but my husband would only go with the middle name I wanted if he could spell it Reed. Give and take, I suppose. :)

Tiffany said...

ROFL, oh you poor thing, what a day!
Sounds like the training and all are going good for you, that's a good thing. :o)

Wendy said...

I can't believe you put a picture of your feet on your blog.

Growin' With It said...

oh i got a great laugh on this one! welp, at least you had a bra on as i always say! glad you survived!

SoonerAggieMom said...

This is your morning BEFORE you start driving the bus????

kateykates said...

That's so funny! But at least you weren't in your jammies!

Anonymous said...

LOL funny post. I am typically the grumpy mom yelling at her kids to GOGOGO and then they sit in the van waiting while I heat up my coffee, grab a piece of fruit for "lunch," shut off lights, etc. etc. etc. for the next 5 minutes. I am lucky they are too young to grasp what a hypocrite I am...but I do.

Poopsie said...

Sounds like something I would do!

I am glad things are going well for your new job. At least they let you stay. :)