Thursday, July 10, 2008

Since When Does One Need To Pay For Public Information?

Here is the email I just received from our township zoning official. I emailed him asking for the minutes and dictation from last nights meeting. This is the response I was given. I have copied and pasted it directly from my inbox. So, much for the records of public meetings being public knowledge. I suppose if you want to buy information, you can. First I'd want to read the transcript. I want to make sure that it is KNOWN that the ONLY reason my children now have a truck stop 25 yards from their house, is because good ole Craig couldn't make up his mind and then, after thinking about it for 20 seconds said, "Oh, I guess I'm ok with it." Ball less fu#*er!--------------------------------------------------------------------




The only official document from last night's meeting that is produced is the "Findings of Fact and Conclusion of Law" and that will not be available until next month - You can officially request a copy of that if you want to and it will be sent when it is prepared and signed. please provide your name and mailing address

The transcript of the hearing is available directly from the court stenographer at a cost of $375.00

You can contact her directly - Her name is Cynthia Repman and can be contacted at 771-9289

This is the procedure is provided for in the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code (Act 247 as amended)

There are no minutes prepared from the meeting nor are minutes approved by the zoning hearing board

Please contact the township office if you have any additional questions

Stewart S. Olewiler, III
Zoning & Planning Officer

No comments: