Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good Bye Huggies


As of today Ella has gone 4 days without a "potty" accident. For the past four days she has been wearing big girl undies! I am so proud of her! I have dreamt of this time for the past year, yet today I had a small moment of sadness. I realized that this is the first time in 8 years that I haven't had to change a diaper or pull-up. There are currently NO Huggies products in our home. I know, I know I should be ecstatic! Oh, please don't get me wrong... I AM! Yet, it still seems sad to know that my babies aren't "babies" any more. For almost a decade my life has revolved around diaper changes, leaks and smells. Now, suddenly all that has come to an end. Thrilled? YES! I'm blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy, active kids. Eight years ago as I sat night, after sleepless night, on the verge of insanity, holding my screaming newborn I laughed at those who tried to tell me it would all pass so quickly. Now, 2 more babies later I see exactly what they mean. Oddly enough, the "quick" concept isn't something you can tell someone, it can only be learned by living through it. Now perhaps this same thought will help to sustain me though the quickly approaching teen years! Well, Thank You Huggies for 8 extremely adventurous years! It has been nice knowing you, perhaps 20 years from now we'll meet again for the next generation!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

ok,how do you do the pictures?

Beth Cotell said...

Great post! I know exactly where you are coming from!