Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ugly Gift

This year my sister and I decided against getting each other "traditional" Christmas gifts. Instead we decided to have an Ugliest Gift competition. The guidelines for the competition were:


1. The gift must be inexpensive.

2. The gift must be displayed in either the kitchen or living room of the recipients house for 2 months.



I thought I had won the challenge when I searched "odd looking" and "ugly" on ebay. The result was a very funky looking ceramic/clay tribesman smoking a pipe/saxophone looking thing. Yeah, it was UGLY! In fact it was even complete with a feather for hair! :) Well my sister was able to inconspicuously tuck the ugly tribesman on a shelf in her kitchen. Honestly, if you weren't looking for it, you would never see it!


What did she gift me? Well lets just say.....SHE WON!
I've posted multiple pictures so you can get the full effect!










Yes folks, I have light-up lobsters in my living room!

Ugly Christmas gift scoreboard.

Wendy 1 Karen 0

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 months of that? Good think February is short...

momma said...

thanks for stopping at my blog! i love this new "tradition." you need to keep the lobster lights and re-gift them to her one year :)

Jen said...

that is awesome. I am so going to remember that idea for my next gift exchange.

Heather of the EO said...

Um, yeah. She won. She found something that lights up.

What a fun idea. I might have to steal it :)

Tiffany said...

LOL how long do you have to leave them up??

Growin' With It said...

and it doesn't make you hungry for seafood? well hey, for the rest of us who are sad at not seeing lights up anymore...at least you get to enjoy a little more "glow" for awhile! ☺